HW: Starfield

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 11 21:25:59 EST 2001

In a message dated 2/11/01 8:15:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM writes:

> I'm not suer if 'blame' is the right word - are you not implying that it's a
>  bad thing to sound like Hawkwind, by that. Am I the only one who thinks
that
>  if a band is doing original material, suitably influenced by their heroes,
>  be it Hawkwind or whoever, that as long as the music 'per se' is quality,
>  that is the bottom line - I have had way, way more positive feedback for
the
>  Krel, and about 70-30 on Spacehead from those who've bought it over the
>  duration, so something must be right - if only the sales of the Doug Snyder
>  CD I put out reflected the amazing reaxtions that's getting, I'd be well
>  happy - still, more to come.
>  On that score, the first of the Krel 'old music' on CD has now been planned
>  and negotiations are afoot - news soon, I hope.
>  Andy Garibaldi (Dead Earnest)

moi? I thought my take on this was pretty well-balanced. I love Spacehead,
Krel, etc, but on the other hand, I can see why some would like to hear
something with a bit more individuality. But for me, you're right, it is
ultimately "what gets me off"--hey, just look at the play-lists for my radio
show!    Chuck