OFF: A Question on Bootlegs vs trading - the bottom line

Colm McWilliams cmcwilliams at CIL.CO.UK
Tue Feb 13 03:44:26 EST 2001

I always wondered do hawkwind get royalties from the countless collections
released by castle??? Have you noticed that castle or its sub companies of
castle constantly re-release the same collection under different names?

colm

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Siegerman [mailto:erics at TELEPRES.COM]
Sent: 13 February 2001 00:39
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: OFF: A Question on Bootlegs vs trading - the bottom line

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 10:34:46AM -0500, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
> seen any _counterfeits_ of officially-released HW, _impersonating_ a legit
> release?
>
> what, if not that, would be a _pirate_?

How about all those unauthorized compilations that choke the HW
section, from which, if I recall correctly, the band don't see
any royalties?

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Interviewer: You've been looking at the stars all your life:
Is there anything in astrology?
Arthur C. Clarke: It's utter nonsense.  But I'm a Sagittarius,
so I'm naturally skeptical.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied
and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error,
please contact us immediately. This e-mail and attachments have been scanned
for viruses using Trend ScanMail.