OFFish : Please help make the Cambridge show a reality!!

Zeitgeist stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Tue Feb 13 07:27:03 EST 2001

Forwarded on behalf of Mike Burro;
Hello,
I am writing this note with regard to the proposed one day/night
festival type event being planned for Cambridge in March.

Here's the current situation as it stands ( to my knowledge)

The event would take place in March, probably March 15th ( I hope, or I
probably won't be able to play).

The venue which the Cambridge Rock Society, seems to have secured is,
"The Boat Race";
http://www.boat-race.co.uk/index.html

Now the lineup of bands is still somewhat unclear, but this is how it is
begininng to appear:

Bedouin (Alan Davey of Hawkwind). Although Alan has been called a number
of times by the organizer, they have not been able to get in touch with
him, and or he has not responed to messages or something because he has
not confirmed or denied the date(s) March 2nd is also under
consideration, but not for me, as I'm teching Philosophy  at the local
college, and can't get away until the "spring break".

Woronzow ( Adrian Shaw, The Bevis Frond etc)
I don't know much about the status of Adrian's partipation in this show.
Your guess is as good as mine.

Sloterdijk: UK debut show. I plan to perfrom a very rocking set,
utilizing the harder spacerock tunes from the "Integration" cd, plus
several new tunes ( many also quite guitar oriented) from the
forthcoming cd "Uranium Zone".

"Judge" Trev Thoms ( Inner City Unit)
I contacted Trev about getting involved in this event, and he was very
interested. That was just a few days ago, and we have not conferred over
it again. It is my hope that he will become involved. I don't know how
he will approach it, but he will definately be invited to guest with
Sloterdijk.

Dr. Hasbeen: To my knowledge confirmed

The Alchemysts: To my knowledge confirmed; big favorites in Cambridge.

Now here's where YOU come in:

This gig has been in the planning stages since   at least early
November, and the time is drawing near. We still don't have a confirmed
date etc.
I for one, will be needing to make flight arrangements, and I'm sure the
other bands would like to be able to mark their calendars as well. So
here's what you can do:

At the bottom of this page is a link to the Cambridge Rock Society. They
have a bulletin board for members only, however you can request to have
a non member posting considered via the administrator. Drop the rock
society a note and let them know that this show is worth scheduling.
Another way to reach them is: rocksoc-committee at chiark.greenend.org.uk

If you would like to write to the person who is trying very hard to make
the event go, then drop a note of support to:
jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Jon has to work around a tremendous amount of red tape, and was "The
Person" who first took a stab at making this thing happen.

Also, if you'd like you can drop a line to "The Boat Race" telling them
that you would like to see this event happen and ask that a confirmed
date be released as soon as possible, so that people can begin to get
the word out.

OFF: Does anyone know any details about who is organizing the proposed
"Hawkwind Holiday Weekend" and when and where that event would take
place? If so please drop me a line backburner, with some contact info.

                      Peace, MIke (Sloterdijk)

www.mp3.com/sloterdijk

http://community.webtv.net/SLOTERDIJK/SLOTERDIJKControl