OFF: Quake skins

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Tue Feb 13 09:40:14 EST 2001

At 02:32 PM 2/13/01 +0000, Andy Ball wrote:
>No, but I have a bard character on Everquest called Hawkewind.
>(Corny I know, it wouldn't let me have Hawkwind)

While there might be someone else who wanted Hawkwind and had it,
there was also a character in the Ultima series named Hawkwind, he
was a seer you had to visit in Ultima IV to check on your progress
towards becoming an avatar.  Ultima went on to Ultima Online (which
had nothing of virtues), a MMOG, so I suppose it is possible someone
who knew the name from that wanted it also.

I doubt they'd restrict it because of the band name.  I mean, just look
at some of the names out there...

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold