OFF: astralasia/magma question

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Wed Feb 14 14:06:23 EST 2001

Hi Arin,

>I just finished listening to Astralasia's Unveria Zekt
>(thank you CDS).
>
>Is this album remixes of Magma's Univeria Zekt?
[...]
>A little judicious web searching revealed a Magma album
>by the name of Univeria Zekt, which is close ;-) )

Univeria Zekt (it's the band's name btw, the album's name is "The
Unnamables") is not a "real" Magma-album. It's a side project to introduce
newcomers to the Magma-sound.
The tracklisting is: You Speak and Speak Colegram / Altcheringa /
Clementine / Something's Cast A Spell / Ourania / Africa Anteria / Undia Vander
I haven't heard the Astralasia tracks, si I don't know if they are remixes,
cover-versions or totally different songs.

>...and kobaian is the mythical magma language, isn't it?

Yup, it is.

>....and is the original Magma as good as the remixes?

I don't know those remixes, but Magma is a great band IMO. The music
however is not for everyone (my mother for example says it's music for
mentally disturbed persons <eg>). As an introduction to the band I would
recommend the live-album "Hhai". It's very good and should be available
even in the US (if you buy Magma-CDs try to get the 7th-Records ones and
not those from the Tomato-label).
There's also a whole gig available from the "House of Blues" (LA) web-site
(www.hob.com).

hamtai

                         D+R

np: Magma, "Köhntarkösz"