OFF: Newest Hawkwind fan

Wed Feb 14 20:41:20 EST 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Frank Weil wrote:

> Mother and baby are doing fine now, but the delivery could have gone better. After 11
> hours of labor, the doctors decided that a C-Section needed to be done immediately.
> This caught us off guard, to say the least, since my wife was having an almost
> textbook-perfect pregnancy up to then! Fortunately, there was enough time for me to
> put on scrubs and be in the O.R. Helen was born less than an hour after the C-Section
> was decided. It all still seems vaguely unreal at this point.

        Sounds like a nasty labour but with a good
result! Congratulations!

> I haven't tried playing any Hawkwind to her yet, but I have no doubt she will be a big
> fan.  :-)

        It's a matter of in utero conditioning :-) We had Benedict dancing
to Monster Magnet in the womb :-)

> P.S. Who needs illicit drugs when sleep deprivation has such interesting effects!

        These are words by which I all too frequently live. You have a
while to get used to it coming :-/ Best wishes, yours,
                                                        Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |