HW Motorheasd on Daytime radio

Sat Feb 17 14:08:47 EST 2001

For those of you who don't tune in to Radio One all day every day, yuo missed a supreme moment in musical history yesterday.
Daytime DJ, Simin Mayo, a longstanding presenter at Radio One, delivered his last show for the station as he is moving on. After three hours that included Bowie and the Ramones, he came to the last record, with the word going something like,
 'I thought a lot about the last record I would play, something that would sum up my feelings at presenting the music here for and on behalf of you listeners out there.....but then I thought 'cobblers to that'
and at that point in races 'Ace Of Spades' roaring on daytime radio like you've rarely heard.
Bless the DJ - long may he run, wherever he goes.
Magic.
Andy Garibaldi.