HW: Hawk help / OFF Mornington Crescent

Richard Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Mon Feb 19 08:45:56 EST 2001

> > BTW - if anyone fancies playing a bit of online Mornington Crescent,
>
> Does it do both Standard Rules and the Chiswick Rules (Amended) Game?

> Yep - and takes the Finsbury Option as Standard.  There's also built in
> functionality for the Holland Park 2000 ruleset.

I've always wondered: how does this treat the Eurotunnel link?

Ignored, unless overground lines - including Silverlink - are specifically
allowed or brought into play.  Then it counts as a standard line in quadrant
4 until the actual tunnel, which is the extent of the allowable moves.  A
standard token weighting of two red applies, and a Becks coefficient of at
least three is generally regarded as the safest minimum to avoid the
possibility of putting yourself in spoon or wrench.

Cheers,

Rich.