Off: Re: HW:Damnation Alley film on BBC tonight

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Mon Feb 19 14:09:31 EST 2001

Hi,

>what's this movie about then? Damnation Alley I mean.

The movie's based upon a novel by Roger Zelazny. In short, it's about the
adventures of some guys in a post-nuclear-war world. They have to travel
from California to Boston and encounter a lot of strange things (e.g. giant
mutated spiders) during their journey.

>  I'm presuming it has nothing to do with Hawkwind......

Only indirectly, both the movie and the song are based on the same novel.

>Who IS in it?

George Peppard, Jan Michael Vincent, Paul Winfield for example
more info can be found here: http://us.imdb.com/Details?0075909

(c)IAO

                                 D+R