Off: Re: HW:Damnation Alley film on BBC tonight

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Feb 19 20:27:37 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Nick Medford wrote:

:Subject: Re: Off: Re: HW:Damnation Alley film on BBC tonight
:
:In message <qWkn9PAlCck6Ew1A at puddytat.fsnet.co.uk>, Tigger
:<Tigger at PUDDYTAT.FSNET.CO.UK> writes
:>It's been a while since I've read the book, but I don't remember him
:>(The character, not the tennis player) ever being called Roscoe - his
:>name was Hell Tanner.
:
:Ah... OK. I'm sure someone said it was Roscoe earlier in this thread. If not,
:then there's no coincidence to explain! Haven't read the book, or anything
:else by Zelazny: what's a good one to start with?

Lord of Light (just uniformly good, imho)

(or if you want more fluffy reading, try the Amber Chronicles (beginning
with Nine Princes in Amber)).

any of a whole bunch of short stories....

A Night in the Lonesome October (a homage to pulp and horror writers)

just to start ;-)

Arin
(who owns all of them, so might not be too biased ;-) )
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559