Odd HW tracks

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Wed Feb 21 08:19:52 EST 2001

Jez - I largely agree with you! (never heard Space Sex yet!)

In fact, I made up my own compilation mini-disc of most of these tracks, as
well as the "extra" tracks that appear on Church of Hawkwind! Much better
than wading through loads of random CDs!

Guy

(I'm posting that cheque to you for Nik's Space Ritual - if you still want
to sell it - shoulkd get it in the morning)

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   J D [mailto:Jeremy at DACOMBE.FSNET.CO.UK]
                Sent:   21 February 2001 13:05
                To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
                Subject:        HW: Odd HW tracks

                Hi,
                Thanx for the responses to my request for list of "odd" HW
tracks appearing
                here & there.
                I'm the kind of collector who likes to have all official HW
releases but
                wouldn't stretch to buying live Festival CDs just to get one
song.
                Consequently TAT & Herzburg are absent from my collection.
                The CD EPs count as valid inclusions in my books, hence Love
In Space,
                Quark, Right To Decide are present but couldn't stomach
Spirit Of The Age
                (Solstice) and never got round to getting Gimme Shelter.
                I thought that the Floyd thing had 2 or 3 tracks, but only
IO has been
                verified, wasn't there something called Brock's
Hyperspace/drive?
                Can anybody confirm what otherwise unobtainable HW tracks
are on Ambient
                Anarchists?
                Not interested in whatever Mr Salt-Talk, Astralasia, KLF etc
think they can
                do with HW songs!
                So, to summarise the 90's releases that fit the bill ....

                Space Sex - Alien vinyl
                Terra Mystica - Business Trip vinyl Theta Orionis CD
                Gimme Shelter - EP CD & Theta Orionis CD
                I am the Eye that Looks Within - 25 Years On box set
                Images - UK California Brainstorm
                Interstellar Overdrive - Pink Floyd Encyclopedia
                Love In Space (live) & 3 or 4 others - Ambient Anarchists
                Love In Space (live) German 'Herzberg' CD
                Plus Love In Space / Quark / Right To Decide / Spirit
(Solstice) CD EPs.
                I guess the final 6 songs on Family Tree kinda fit the bill
as it's not
                really a HW CD to my way of thinking!

                Can anybody add to this or correct any errors?

                Cheers,
                Jez