Codex question: open for debate

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Feb 23 12:11:40 EST 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, M Holmes wrote:

:Subject: Codex question: open for debate
:
:Jeremy has raised the question of whether the Spririt of the Age
:Solstice Remixes by Astralasia (and ?) and tracks on the Decide Your
:Future EP should be included in the Codex. His argument is based on
:whether these are truly Hawkwind tracks.
:
:This may also apply to the Scourge of the Earth remix of Silver Machine.
:
:I'd like opinions on this for the latest review of the Codex.
:
:FoFP

my 2 cents.

As much as I love Astralasia's remixes, they shouldn't be included.
They aren't HW.  They are folks doing neat things with HW music.

If anything, they belong in an appendix or somesuch (dedicated to
sightings of HW music...)

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559