OFF-ish: In Praise of Hawkman

Joe Loehr JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 24 19:41:06 EST 2001

There I was, a Hawkfan, starving for Hawkmusic, being forced to wait (against
my will, no less) by local record schmucks who were unable to satisfy my
craving.

Then, one day, on the electronic wonderland known as the Internet, I saw it,
El Dorado:

HAWKMAN MUSIC: THE HAWKWIND COMPACT DISC STATION

Gleaming, shining. Bright, friendly colors. "Open 24 hours"; offering
salvation.

True, there have been others: Jim at Strange Trips, Andy G, local record
schmucks, a few online stores, but Hawkwman sold me 95% of my Hawkwind CDs.
(% is probably higher, I didn't figger the math).

Many, many hours of fun and enjoyment there.

Can't wait to see the new site, Stephan

Good luck

Joe