HW: Codex Live Chronicles mystery

Thomas, Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Mon Feb 26 05:52:33 EST 2001

Doug - I don't know if it is included in his set or not!

When Bedoiun played at the West One Four Club last year, with "Snorkwind" as
support, (ie Alan, Danny and Huw - with Terry on drums for the encore),
Snorkwind played Moonglum in the soundcheck, and went straight into Elric
pt2. I'm positive that this was not really meant to happen, as Alan was
trying to preserve his voice for the Bedouin set, (he had a stonker of a
cold!)  Alas they didn't play it during the gig, but it was so "spontaneous"
during the soundcheck - like stepping back to November 1985!

IMHO - Moonglum just isn't quite right on its own!

Guy

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Douglas Pearson [mailto:ceres at SIRIUS.COM]
                Sent:   23 February 2001 19:36
                To:     BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
                Subject:        Re: HW: Codex Live Chronicles mystery

                This is pure conjecture, but the original CotBS track is
credited
                to "Brock/Davey", and it sounds to me like part 1 is the
Brock composition
                (he recites the narration on 'Live Chronicles') and part 2
is the Davey
                composition (he sings it on 'Live Chronicles').  Does Alan
do part 2 with
                Bedouin these days?

                    -Doug
                     ceres at sirius.com

                On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:24:24 GMT, M Holmes
<fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:
                >Andrew Apold writes:
                >> Elric the Enchanter Part 1:
                >>         1   The Chronicle of the Black Sword
                >>      L 2   Live Chronicles [single CD] (Narration)
                >>      L 2   Live Chronicles [2CD set]
                >>
                >>        * version 2 is narration of a few lines of version
1.

                >> Elric the Enchanter Part 2:
                >>        1  The Chronicle of the Black Sword
                >>      L 2  Live Chronicles [single CD] (Elric the
Enchanter)