OFF: The Residents

Tue Feb 27 11:29:27 EST 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Douglas Pearson wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:07:42 +0000, Jon Jarrett
> <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
> >On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Douglas Pearson wrote:
> >> Snakefinger worked with the Residents and a ton of other people, but I
> >> can't think of a direct connection to Allen/Gong.  I could probably
> >> arrange to ask Daevid next time he's in SF (but last time was only a
> >> couple months ago, so who know when the next will be?).
> >
> >        Well, I was in contact with The University of Errors
>
> Pat, Michael, or other?

        Michael, as it happens.

> He seemed shockingly subdued when he played in SF with Mushroom in December
> (AFTER the Gong tour, so presumably on his way back to Oz).  I think it's
> the *only* time I've ever seen him where he wasn't completely stealing the
> show!  Perhaps that's why it was billed as Mushroom and not UofE (even
> though bassist Michael Clare, who usually *doesn't* play w/Mushroom was the
> bassist for that gig).

        Depends whose songs they're playing, surely? Or is the output of
these bands sufficiently instantaneous that that doesn't matter?

> I'm sure you're quite correct, but I'd be shocked if he didn't make another
> appearence in San Francisco within the year ...

        That's where UoE are actually based, isn't it? In which case I'd
entirely expect you to be right. I like their website, it has badly
confused a number of people I pointed at it. All but one figured out it
was a band being talked about though :-) <www.universityoferrors.com>, for
the unwary. Yours,
                   Jon

ObCD: Anubian Lights - _Let Not the Flame Die Out_
--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |