HW: Arin !!

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Jan 1 18:58:25 EST 2001

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Dave Greenhalgh wrote:

:Subject: HW: Arin !!
:
:Well done Arin!  Definitely a triumph.

*blush*

:How Arin managed to pull all that together I do not know.  Good hotel at
:a ridiculously good rate and a superb after party party (My birthday)
:party.  Full
:marks to the genie of the lamp for the in hotel light show that must
:have left the Astoria feeling silly as well.  It was definitely a great
:way to wind down after the gig and the after gig do at the 12 bar.
:Managing to keep everyone, including most of the band, awake relaxed and
:thoroughly enjoying themselves till 4am is testament enough., I think.

next time, I organize further in advance, so we can get details
right...(I felt very unorganized, believe it or not.)  Made
a couple of major oopses that various folks helped me fix.

(That's what I get for trying to organize something at the last minute,
while trying to finish up work and things.)

imho, I didn't do the job I was capable of....next time better, I promise!

genies of the lamp were Steve Lindsey and Eric Siegerman, who did
a great job, given the .... somewhat basic equipment.

:Once again, it was great to put names to faces and re-establish contacts
:with those already known.

Absolutely.  The experience of going and hanging out with fellows fans
pre/during/post gig, rocked, imho.

Something that I think that I'd like to do again.

:I'll leave it to others to describe the gig.  Bloody good is all I'll
:say and well worth the nightmare of Virgin Trains to get to (4 hours
:late and not even arriving at the right city.) Good to see a longer
:Simon-set and as always wonderful to watch Tim.  Even the singer at the
:12 Bar was nice.  Who were the Techno-duo that opened?

Simon's set was good, and Tim was superb....much better than at Brixton.
(imho, I rather liked having Simon close at Brixton....excellent music
to mellow out to.)

Morphonic was the techno guys....I think.

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559