HW: Astoria

Mark Lee mark at ESPARTO.UK.COM
Tue Jan 2 06:40:10 EST 2001

Darn,

lost the original questioners details, but the
question was what were the planned 'encore'
tracks for the Astoria, I looked at the set-list
and noted that the first was Orgone Accumulator,
can't remember the second one now...

The reason the encore was missed was the timings
at the Astoria, they have a very strict curfew
due to the later use of the place as a nightclub.
This also explains why people were herded out
like cattle to some extent.  The support acts did
run over by 15 minutes or so but Dibs made that
time back by cutting his set with Spacehead, it
seemed to me that Hawks paused occasionally between
tracks longer than intended and one or two tracks
ran longer than planned due to the amount of fun
the guys were having on stage.

For my part it was a dream come true, the sound
quality was excellent out front and pretty good
on the stage too.

Mark (Hasbeen).