HW: Astoria

Michael Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Wed Jan 3 15:59:17 EST 2001

On 1st Jan 01 Jill Wrote:
> Bad luck on missing the show.    I only just managed to get there in
>time!     There were some t-shirts on sale (though not the
>competition winners I think).   I didn't have time to pick one up
>but hopefully one of the Hawkwind outlets will have them available
>at some point.

I'm extremely glad to say that my design from the competition was used for the t-shirt, it was a very strange feeling seeing it actually on a shirt. Its a pity Kevin's design wasn't used as well - it looked really cool and attracted a lot of comments from other fans. Prior to the main gig I got to have a beer backstage along with Kevin, a BIG thanks to Kris for arranging that and also to Dave and the Band for the signings, photos and interesting conversations - a day I'll NEVER forget.
Unfortunately I was too shattered to make the hotel party (thanks for the invite Mike, Arin) but I'm glad it went off OK.

Mick

May there always be starlight on the path...Burnham Jr.