HW: 2001 and 1970

Thu Jan 4 14:11:07 EST 2001

The rift is now canyon-sized I should imagine, especially after the Astoria triumph.
Think we might have seen the last of Nik in Hawkwind???
Andy G'b
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: david hall
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 12:15 PM
  Subject: HW: 2001 and 1970

  I read, with some amusement, in Classic Rock that Nik is playing with his "Hawkwind Isle Of Wight 1970 Reunion Band" in Liverpool. First point that should be "..... without Dave Brock". Second, give me a modern Hawkwind to a second rate covers outfit anyday...this must surely piss off Dave Brock - maybe that's the point. Has Nik written anything of note since the first ICU LP (both it and Xitintoday are superb) - that doesn't rely on cobbling old HW tunes together. Nik is a nice guy - however, he seems to trade off this "Nik the soul of Hawkwind" thing but when it comes to HW participation the descriptor "chancer" may be more appropriate.

  Dave