questions - sorry if they are stupid

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
Sun Jan 7 03:57:16 EST 2001

Hi

At 23:45 06.01.2001 +0000, you wrote:
>As to whether he had been sacked, my understanding is that he wasn't ejected
>until around the end of 1976/early 1977, although Allan Powell and Nik
>Turner had both departed just before that, contrary to Pete Frame's family
>tree. That would explain the Back on the Streets single, which was done as a
>five piece.

Nik Turner and Alan Powell were sacked AFTER the Astounging tour
(15.09.76 - 05.10.76)

On the December 1976 tour only the following band members were on stage
- Dave Brock
- Simon King
- Robert Calvert
- Simon House
- Paul Rudolph

As far as I know only one tape exists from this period
(Southend, 11 Dec. 76)

Have a look on the BACK ON THE STREET sleeve (the single)
and you will notice that there are only 5 members on stage

btw: This pic is from the Bracknell gig (18.12.76)

cheers
Bernhard