HW: -Star Nation

BL Young blyoung at BIGFOOT.COM
Sun Jan 7 04:59:32 EST 2001

Well, I am singing praises to Andy G right now!  My Star Nation has arrived!

I'm too fresh into it to give a full review right now, but I'm seriously
impressed with this recording!  OK, it's not going to save your soul, but
it's as must-have as any other side thing has been.

Wonder what the top ten of "must-have" offshoot things would be?  Here's a
quick idea of what I'm stacking this up against:

1)  Calvert "Capt Lockheed"
2)  Davey "Captured Rotation"
3) Calvert "At the Queen Elizabeth Hall"
4) Davey "Bedouin"
5)  Star Nation
6)  Calvert "Lucky Leif"
7) Davey "Sci-Fi Delic"
8) Amon Duul "Die Losung"
9)  House "Yassasim"
10)  Bainbridge "Red Shift"

Not counting any Brock solo albums because the Captain lives and breathes
Hawkwind and even his solo albums are not to be considered an off-shoot but
are instead pure basic Hawkwind canon.

Does Tim Blake's first couple solo albums count?  I mean to ask, did he do
them after joining Hawkwind or before?  If before, then it's not really an
offshoot.  For the same reason I've not included any High Tide in the list
above.

Ohhh, shoot!  I forgot about all the Motorhead albums.  Not really
spacerock, though, so we'll leave them off this list.

And what about the Paradogs?  Anybody picked that up yet and got an opinion?