HW: Xenon Codex

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 7 09:18:59 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/6/01 11:10:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
christmu at EUNET.NO writes:

>  >I always assumed the Xenon Codex was named for what the 2 words stand for
>   >literally:
>   >Xenon = a heavy, gaseous element, Codex=An Ancient manuscript volume, as
> of
>   >scripture
>
>   >so it's the gas bible?
>   >bob
>
>  ...which takes everything back to the origin of the Hakwiwnd name? (Nik
>  farting etc.)
>
>  Anyway, Xenon Codex has always been a memorable one to me, as I got it when
>  it came out and it was only my second HW CD. Favorite tracks: Sword of The
>  East, EMC and Mutation Zone.
>
>  Chr.
I was avoiding the temptation to make that (gas) connection. but Xenon Codex
holds a similar place in my heart, it is the 1st HW cd I purchased. After
nearly 20 years of vinyl purchases, someone bought me a cd player and I broke
down and stepped up to the new digital technology...Xenon broke the player in.
bob

Hawkwind: Time & Space Website
http://members.aol.com/Hawkwinder/hawkwindrulesindex.html