HW: archives

Sun Jan 7 13:19:09 EST 2001

Furkling round the Andy G paperwork mess this afternoon, I found the old EBS
release sheet that they put out to us in '97 and this is what was on it:
EBSCD 125   Spyro-gyra     Tribe Of Cro    Released
              126 Spiral galaxy     Simon House   August
                     Revisited
              127 Distant Horizons Psychedelic Warriors  On

Hold
              128 PXR 5              Hawkwind        TBA
              129 Brock 7696      Dave Brock       August
             130 Red Chaos     Harvey Bainbridge On Hold
             131 Trip Switch     Jack London        August
                                        (formerly ROM)
             132 Potlach      Tribe Of Cro             August
             133 Bedouin   Alan Davey's Bedouin  August
             134Warrior On The  Hawkwind         TBA
                    Edge Of Time
             135 Chronicles Of The  Hawkwind     TBA
                    Black Sword
             136 Church Of       Hawkwind            TBA
             137 Out and Intakes Hawkwind        TBA
             138 Hawkwlords Live  Hawklords     TBA
             139 New Studio Album Hawkwind    TBA
OF COURSE NONE OF THESE WERE RELEASED!!(except the Bedouin album - the top
Tribe one being there just as an example)
So, the Brock, London, and I think the Bainbridge, albums were all recorded
and ready to roll. Interesting that the Psychedelic Warriors follow-up was
'Distant Horizons' title which makes you wonder whether or not the album
that came out was meant to be a Hawkwind album or not.
The House one was secured by our friends at BW and is out any day.
Potlach was to have been the CD of the vinyl-only album that preceded
'Spyro-gyra' but never appeared and anyone know what's happened to Tribe of
Cro anyway  - lots of activity, two superb CD's then....vanished.
Clearly the intention was to do a reissue programme but nothing ever
happened - so are EBS still a going concern or will all this now fall into
the hands of Voiceprint or Griffin or both?
Questions, questions...........
Andy Garibaldi.