HW:Nikwind gig

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Jan 8 21:28:01 EST 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 01:44:11 +0000, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Doug Pearson wrote:
>> >or maybe it's the drummer from Lords Of The New Church
>>
>> ... and the Barracudas (ontopicness: Lords Of The New Church guitarist =
>> Brian James -> ex-Damned -> Doomed -> bassist=Lemmy ... OR Brian James ->
>                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>        Am I reading this right? Who is this Doomed and what's Lemmy to
>them that they are midful of him?

The "Doomed" were a one-off version of the Damned circa '78 who played one
or two shows.  I *believe* the lineup was Vanian / Sensible / Lemmy /
Scabies, although this was around the time Rat Scabies was out of the band,
temporarily replaced by (future Culture Club drummer) Jon Moss.  This
would've also been one of (if not THE) the first gigs after Brian James
quit and the Captain moved to guitar.

There's also the Damned's version of "Ballroom Blitz" with Lemmy c.'79.  Is
that one on the "Hawkwind spin-offs" list?

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com