HW: Hawkwind Remix Project

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Thu Jan 11 04:38:32 EST 2001

Arin asked:

>I picked up the Hawkwind Remix Project from AndyG, but
>the sleeve details appear to be nonexistent.
>
>Who are the artists on these tracks?

Well, as the (abandoned?) Bass Ritual CD was to have had the same songs, I'm
assuming that they are actually one & the same. In which case, the artists
in question (courtesy CDS catalogue) are as follows:

Golden Void - Future Loop Foundation
Sonic Attack - John Avery
Brainstorm - DJ Speedranch
Earth Ritual - Hawkwind (poss. just Dave?)
Levitation - Scalper MIB
Silver Kachina - Richard Chadwick
Master Of The Universe - Colin Newman (formerly of Wire)

>Their version of Sonic Attack is fantastic.

Agreed. I also rate this version of Levitation very highly. Golden Void &
Earth Calling ain't half bad either. In fact, the only one I'm not so keen
on is Brainstorm. A higher hit-rate than Future Reconstructions, IMO.

Dave