HW: Hawkwind Remix Project

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Thu Jan 11 06:20:48 EST 2001

>So what is this item exactly? Tape? CDR?
>
>FoFP

It's a CD (not CD-R) with (as Arin said) no details other than track listing
on the reverse of the silvery, single-sided insert (double-headed hawk logo
on the front) & a thanks to one Trevor Long. And it has a catalogue number
(WARLORD777CD). Andy G has this item (well, one with the same track listing
and his descriptions match the music on my CD, so it must be the same item)
as "Bass Ritual - The Remixes" in the most recent CDS psychedelic/space rock
supplement (7). Whether it's the same cover or not, I don't know. I picked
my copy up from the Voiceprint stall at Brixton. I assumed that they
(Voiceprint? Hawkwind?) had planned to give it a full release under the Bass
Ritual name, but for whatever reason changed their mind and gave us this
(limited?) version in place. Just guesswork. Andy G? Any idea what the story
is?

BTW, it's well worth getting hold of. Better (or at least less variable)
than Future Reconstructions.

Dave