OFF: Looks like a good reason to celebrate

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Jan 11 14:22:41 EST 2001

On 11 Jan 01, at 15:05, Brian Halligan wrote:

> Russell wrote:
> > Today is the anniversary of the adoption of the designated hitter
> > rule in 1973
>
> A date that will live in infamy! I'm an American League fan, but the
> DH has to go. If an aging star or mediocre ballplayer can't handle it
> in the field, let them pinch hit.

Same here.  The DH has skewed the statistics, and has put a few
guys in the HoF that probably don't belong.  Imagine how many
homeruns the Babe would've hit if he didn't play the field--or Say Hey
too for that matter.  And Hank got quite a few as DH for the Brewers.
Kind of taints the whole thing.  But I'd gladly keep the DH if they'd
once-and-for all outlaw astroturf!

> obBOC> Has anyone heard the band play any more new tunes from the
> upcoming album? Would anyone with a boot of Pocket or Now is the Time
> (TOGR) be willing to post the lyrics?

I'd like to hear/see them too.  BOC isn't touring much now, as they're
working on the album.  Projected release for early summer '01...

theo