OFF: Gov't Mule (was Re: Festival)

Eli Friedman EliPXR5 at AOL.COM
Sat Jan 13 13:36:03 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/13/01 12:52:15 PM, blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM writes:

<< Theo or Paul (or anyone else for that matter), any news on what's next for
Warren and Matt?

Brian >>

BASSISTS GATHER FOR ALLEN WOODY TRIBUTE

GOV'T MULE guitarist WARREN HAYNES is assembling an all-star cast of
musicians to help him record a tribute album to his late bandmate, bassist
ALLEN WOODY, who died in August. In addition to Gov't Mule drummer MATT ABTS,
LES CLAYPOOL of PRIMUS, PHIL LESH, MIKE GORDON of PHISH, CHRIS SQUIRE of YES,
ROCCO PRESTIA of TOWER OF POWER, ALPHONSO JOHNSON of the WEATHER REPORT,
BOOTSY COLLINS and LARRY GRAHAM have all signed on for the project. The album
is due in the fall.