OFF: Jimi Hendrix, INC: "scuze me, while i cash this check" -_-

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 14 03:22:39 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/14/01 12:55:37 AM, RMayo19761 at AOL.COM writes:

<< anybody out there know anything about the multi-cd box that came out
recently
on MCA? Tons of previously unreleased stuff; but is it bottom of the barrel
junk/demos/ex-boots/etc? or bona fide hendrix tracks unearthed and dusted of
by the family? a decent career retrospective, with a good representation of
his career, or slapdash hodge-podge of oddities and sub-standard junk?
what say you, friends?
====
umm...

hendrix's dad won back the rights, finally, and then came his lawyers n'
advisors,  to MARKET  his son...and jerk him around.
and this is why we had 'jimi hendrix golf gear' and a recording label which
has already gone under? [no, not MCA] and a slick-paged magazine which did
the same?

and that toyota commercial utilizing the song 'freedom', from the
not-quite-finished-at the-time-of-hendrix's-death collexion? the lawyers n'
advisors and the hendrix incorporated MARKETING TEAM were very pleased.

i dont know exactly vass is within the boxed set, but despite what had been
alleged early on, about 'piles of unheard tapes', last i knew , nothing
absolutely/previously unheard had appeared. there might be some cleaned
up/remastered material of the sort which had been circulating on boots and in
tape collexions, [like mine]....
but depending how deep those w/any interest have already dug, my conjecture
would be  "no great surprises".
i'd be happy to stand corrected, but having 60 some-odd hendrix cassettes....

the boxed set sounds like a lot of stuff had been rounded up into one place;
in that respect it might be great. we can hope.

and that hendrix's father and relations are now the ones who 'have the
rights', [however that's being defined in this case], that's great too.

but that fact that they have dealt with some [pardon me] enterprising
suck-ass marketing team who decided that what the world needs now is JIMI
HENDRIX GOLF GEAR is another matter entirely, IMHO.
=
"<>"