Festival

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 15 07:23:06 EST 2001

Paul Mather writes:

> The Lake District is in North-West England, and is an incredibly
> beautiful area.  It is a National Park area, which I would have thought
> would make getting planning permission for a three day festival a bit
> tricky, but who knows?  Maybe they can have the festival in the stone
> circle near Keswick? ;-)

If they have planning troubles there then they should try the Borders
area just a bit north. With the textile industry in mass decline and
sheep going for less than a packet of crisps, there's not much money
coming into the area apart from visitors and tourists. In short, finding
a farmer to rent out a field wouldn't be hard and local councils are
likely to be friendlier than most where visitors to the area are
concerned. A lot of the countryside is also just as nice as the Lake
District.

FoFP