HW: Re Night of the Hawk album

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Jan 16 17:56:46 EST 2001

Herewith a summary (below)

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Blackman <michaelangelo68 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: HW: Re Night of the Hawk album

> > Motorhead, Needle Gun, Night of the Hawks, Valium 10, Psychic
Power,
> > Confrontation, Starship, Ejection, Hurry On Sundown, Green
Finned Demon,
> > Zarozinia, Who's Gonna Win The War, Motorway City, Assassins of
Allah and
> > Cajun Jinx.
> > It was manufactured and released in 1989 by Festival Records
Australia and
> > New Zealand, but its copyright is  AVM Records in the UK.
> My copy is the exact description as yours guys -

Both my vinyl album cover and my CD cover read the same:  a
Powerhouse Records release - AVM/Ultraprime Entertainments with the
comment "Released Through an agreement with Flicknife Records
(London/UK)".   The distributor is PRT Records and the copyright is
"AVM Records Ltd. - a subsidiary of Ultraprime Entertainments Ltd.
Manufactured in West Germany".   However the CD also has written on
it "Made in Switzerland"   The vinyl is POW 5502.   The CD is POWCD
5502

My vinyl album only has 13 tracks with the following comment on the
cover "the cassette version of the LP contains an extra track:
'Ejection'   The CD contains 'Ejection', plus two extra tracks:
'Flight to Maputo' and 'Cajun Junx'"

My CD has 16 tracks and the cover has the following comment  "
*{Ejection}Available on casette and CD versions only     **{'Flight
to Maputo' and 'Cajun Jinx'} Available on CD version only"

Plus it now seems that there is also an Australian vinyl with the
two extra tracks
and
an Australian version of the CD without 'Flight to Maputo'.
and
a cassette version without the two extra tracks but with 'Ejection'.

confused?
I sure is!

cheers   jill

Maputo>

> > Jill said:
> > < Interesting!   Mine has Flight to Maputo - 5mins 23secs -
track
> > > number 15 out of a total of 16 tracks.     It comes after
Assassins
> > > of Allah and before Cajun Jinx.
> > > How many versions of this are there around the place?!
<rhetorical