TV appearance? , <>

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 18 13:54:39 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/18/01 1:08:07 PM, tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU writes:

<<
> I think that's a rerun of the show they already did, which was
> actually very funny for Dr and the Medics and Norman Greenbaum, both
> one-hit wonders with the same song of course.

Hate to quibble, but didn't Norm have another song that was
successful, though obv. not to the extent of Spirit in the Sky?
I'm thinking of a title now, but I'm going to demur until <> has a
chance to chip in...

===============
hi there y'all

ol' norm first hit the charts in '66, as part of...of...some jug band .but
the song was 'the eggplant that ate chicago'.
this in contrast to whatever it was 'who/that ate Cincinnati'...at about the
same  time.

but yeah, the follow-up to 'spirit in the sky' was 'canned ham'; i saw him on
'bandstand' plugging it.

he did at least 2 lp's on reprise...

recently i've heard radio ads for a 'boston music' cd, and 'spirit in the
sky' is one of the selexions, alongside 'just what i needed', 'more than a
feeling','dirty water' j.geils, etc etc.

"<>"