Sweet Smoke, Holland 1996

Filip Vanhuyse filip.vanhuyse at YUCOM.BE
Sun Jan 21 09:09:19 EST 2001

Well the date is certainly right Bernhard as I was there and it was a gig to
remember.
Must say one of the worst as they hadn't have enough electricity and in the
gig the Hawks had to choose between sound or light.Really chaos,although
Alan played a superbe bass solo.
The nicest thing I remember from the Sweet Smoke was Ron Tree selling
Hawkwind t-shirts in the audience (out of his skull)
It was hilarious!!
Also my brother in law smoking for the first time forbidden substances and
laughing for an hour about a little stone that was lying there (now that was
hilarious!!)
Ron Tree giving my a ultra rare t-shirt (only 20 made) ,he had it on for 3
days and Dave Brock telling him he had to put on another,as he smelled.We
went  to the van where the merchandise t-shirts were and he put a new one
and just throw
the smelly one on my shoulder,just saying:"You can have this one".
Alan Davey getting me out of my skull (Well,what can I tell,we were in
Forbitten Substance Walhalla).Must say I quit after that gig (I was really
to far gone for some time,and I really can't cope with it).So not more of
that stuff for me
Dave Brock and Ron Tree giving me the skater-helmet that was used during the
"Love In Space"-tour.
You can see the helmet on the "Love In Space" 2lp/2cd.It's the photo where
Ron is wearing a white space-suit and has a helmet on his head.The photo is
taken under blacklights.It's the photo on the upper right.
Yes,girls and boys,I really have the original helmet.
Another bummer was that Porcupine Tree was announced,but didn't show up.
Normally,as they didn't knew about the gig anyhow (as informed later).
Also seeing Dave Brock getting into the van and driving off as he was pissed
as hell after that bad gig.
Anyhow,I would like a copy of that one,as I was there.
e-mail me privately: filip.vanhuyse at yucom.be

greetings
filip hawknut

p.s.:I saw some 5 or 6 people filming on video.Do you know someone who has
some ?