Out of the Shad^H^H^H^HWoodwork

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at GENIE.CO.UK
Wed Jan 24 03:09:58 EST 2001

Yes,

I just joined the list this week having found it originally last year and
now I have an email id (via a WAP phone, although I use a PC for retrieving
the messages!).

My main reason for joining was that I get real annoyed at never being able
to find any Hawkwind news in the music press. Its never been the same since
Sounds stopped being published all those years ago.

Now I just hope that I can get enough money together to start collecting
all those lovely new CD's that I have just learnt about. Having missed
Brixton and the Astoria due to lack of finances (and I only had to travel
from Liverpool) I hope that the mention of Croydon may lead to a few more
shows a bit further north before the Lake District festival, if it goes
ahead.

By the way I've got my 3 year old daughter dancing to a few Hawkwind tracks
as well as the usual Children's stuff like Steps and S Club 7. Now the idea
of Hawkwind on Saturday morning children's telly doesn't seem quite so
strange any more when you see a 3 year old dancing to something like Spirit
of the Age! And I do remember seeing Lemmy on TISWAS many years ago.

Ah well back to work now!

Mark