OFF: Re: HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music for Dr. Who

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Wed Jan 24 10:42:01 EST 2001

> > I'd be interested in hearing more about this.
> > I watched most of the Stranger series and I just never got it.
> > As a matter of
> > fact, some of them are painful to watch.

The first 3 Stranger videos were attempts to do Dr Who in all but name only,
& were in the tradition of the series. The first 2 were ok, the 3 one (In
Memory Alone) was undoubtably the best of the Stranger series.
Not long after this one was made, the BBC were seriously considering
bringing the series back, and so BBV decided to give The Stranger an
identity of his ow, & the rest of the series, which I hated, was more in the
style of Tarantino. In the end, what the BBC done was an embarrassing 20 min
Dr Who-EastEnders crossover?
Of the other spin-offs that have been made, the ones I can reccommend as
being fairly good upwards are the Auton trilogy, Shakedown, Downtime, &
Cyberon.

William