OFF: Re: HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music for Dr. Who

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 24 20:32:03 EST 2001

In a message dated 1/24/01 4:24:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK writes:

> The BBC never ever had big budgets for this sort of thing and usually
>  regard SF as for kids anyway. That means that alien planets are always
>  in mines or gravel pits and the aliens are kinda hokey. You can get fond
>  of Daleks, Cybermen and those Yeti with the little control balls in
>  their backs. I never really much liked the whole Master thing though.

The master was great, especially the 1st: Roger Delgado, but like with Blakes
7, using Servalan (sp?) they over did a good thing, they both were on so many
eps you start to think they should re-name the show. Anthony Ainley (the 3rd
master) carried on the tradition pretty well (being in too many shows) but
was fairly faithful to the roll.
In truth, I liked Eric Roberts (somewhat) as the 4th master, but only hope he
never stays on in any future shows, if there are any.
bob