OFF: Re: HW: Question for Dave regarding use of music for Dr. Who

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Thu Jan 25 14:51:33 EST 2001

Hi,

>PS - I heard somewhere that Boxleitner went up to JMS and asked him where he
>got all those great ideas from.  Apparently JMS handed him a copy of Lord of
>the Rings and walked off.......................

I've heard that story, too. I've also read an interview with JMS (don't
know in which mag it was) where he also stated that some of his ideas and
inspirations come from the LotR. And I think there are really some aspects
in B5 that are very reminiscent to JRRT's great work (the Rangers for example).

(c)IAO

                 D'only 11 months to go'+R

np: Steve Hillage, "Fish Rising"

--
"Nothing is true - everything is permissible"
                                         Hassan I Sabbah

www.d-rider.de          denis at d-rider.de