_Spacebrock_

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jan 25 20:05:19 EST 2001

In message <DLEBJJHMFHIFGMNBNGJPGEDFCDAA.novadrive at home.co
m>, Kevin Sommers <novadrive at HOME.COM> writes
>No question about Dave's lead-ability.  Just listen to 'Hearing Aid Test'
>from Strange Trips and Pipe Dreams, or 'Distant Horizons' (title track) or
>any live version of 'Snake Dance' for any proof needed.....

Are you sure that's not Jerry on DH?

Whatever, Dave has played some supremely evocative lead solos over the
years. Check out the 'Palace Springs' versions of Golden Void and
Damnation Alley, although my fave would have to be the '1999 Party'
version of Paradox.

Curiously, in the latest issue of aural-innovations there's an interview with
Lemmy where he implies that Dave doesn't play any decent lead anymore.

(He also says the Hawkestra was a disaster! Largely because of under-
preparation it seems.  I do find it strange that the participants (or Dave and
Lemmy at least) should have been so disappointed with it, when most of us
who were there thought it was such a great event. Yes it was messy at times,
but just the sheer scale of the thing- and the chance to see so many
legendary ex-Hawks- was the real point... was for me anyway.)
--
Nick Medford