_Spacebrock_

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Jan 26 04:03:46 EST 2001

At 01.05 +0000 26.1.2001, Nick Medford wrote:
>(He also says the Hawkestra was a disaster! Largely because of under-
>preparation it seems.  I do find it strange that the participants (or Dave and
>Lemmy at least) should have been so disappointed with it, when most of us
>who were there thought it was such a great event. Yes it was messy at times,
>but just the sheer scale of the thing- and the chance to see so many
>legendary ex-Hawks- was the real point... was for me anyway.)

Exactly. But for that reason I don't find it strange at all that the
participants thought it was a disaster (especially Lemmy). I mean.
you could pretty much predict what he would say about it!  I'm not
surprised Dave hasn't exactly gushed about it either. Musically and
organizationally, it was a _stupendous_ disaster. That much was
plainly visible on the night.

But I didn't go there expecting a great musical experience, I went
there expecting to see a bunch of Hawkalums. I went there to see
Dave, Lemmy, and Nik on stage. (And I figured Bedouin would be cool ;)

And I got what I expected, and so I was perfectly happy. It was cool :)

Had I been going to see any regular band though, I would have written
them off as completely unrehearsed! Which would have been fair.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson