satellite/webcast thingy.

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Jan 26 15:31:34 EST 2001

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, M Holmes wrote:

:Subject: satellite/webcast thingy.
:
:I don't have satellite. Is someone with a PAL system recording this?
:
:How do I get it on thye web and what's the timing?
:
:Ta.

Mike,

>From the totalrock site:

TOTALROCK LIVE HAWKWIND EXCLUSIVE!!
       Malcolm Dome will be hosting an evening of gloriously indulgent
       space rock when you can hear the live recording of Hawkwind's gig
       performed at the London Astoria on 29th December.
       To get spaced out in your own front room tune in on Saturday 27th
       January from 6pm. (and no we ain't providing the chemicals!)

...but this is audio only, isn't it?

I'm assuming this is London time, although I couldn't find out for sure on
their site.

You can listen in with a windows media player.  Of course, I run on a mac
or on unix, so the windows media format isn't terribly wonderful for me.

Just open www.totalrock.com and click the Listen button.

I got a beta version of a microsoft windows media player for the mac,
and was able to (mostly) successfully listen in, but not save.

anyone happen to know of a good free/shareware util for the mac
(or for unix) that can save streamed wma files?

(I'm looking into streamripper, but I think it's only for shout/icecast.)

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559