HW: Totalrock

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Sun Jan 28 09:31:46 EST 2001

In message <20010128141105.QSWB15069.t21mta00-app.talk21.com at t21m
taV-lrs>, Michael Crook <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM> writes
>Hello everyone,
>
>Well I managed to hear the broadcast ok so I'm counting myself very lucky.

Indeed! Sod's Law was in full swing at my place. First my regular ISP
suddenly loses connectivity about 15mins before showtime. Some hasty
reconfiguring later, I reconnect on a different dial-up, but then I just get the
'server bandwith exceeded' message and after the third time I give up,
knowing the Hawkwind segment is almost half done by then anyway.
Curses, curses, curses. And even more curses on discovering that I missed it
again this morning!

Looking forward to the (hoped-for) live album even more now. I really hope
this one comes out on CD- from a technical point of view, the Astoria was
probably the best HW show I've seen. It would make a phenomenal live
album.

> Was it
>just me or did anyone else recieve it mono? Even so it sounded great -  having two
>dedicated  synth/keys players really filled out the sound and greatly added to the
>atmosphere which allowed Dave to concentrate on the guitar - Briliant.I hope this
>arrangement becomes the norm!

Amen to that!

--
Nick Medford