Woronzow News (fwd)

Sun Jan 28 18:25:56 EST 2001

        Dear All,
                  I realise a lot of people have already got this, but the
whisper of good news about Adrian Shaw I thought was worth propagating.

        Also, I have to say: Scorched Earth albvum! Tony Hill album! Yes
yes yes yes! And that I intend to try and make the Arthur Brown gig if I
can. Evening all, yours,
                         Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |
 | ======================================================================|
 | "Now, back me up on this, but isn't it always the same? You've just   |
 | got on the phone and the bath starts running? Back me up!" Harry Hill |

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:36:00 -0000
From: Woronzow Records <info at woronzow.co.uk>
To: "'100644.2542 at compuserve.com'" <100644.2542 at compuserve.com>
Subject: Woronzow News

Hi. Nick Saloman here hoping you had a great Christmas and an equally
invigorating New Year. Things here at Woronzow Towers are grinding away
more or less as usual. You may have that Ade is unwell. It's true, he'll
be out of circulation for a few months, but the good news is that he'll be
out of circulation for a few months. Nah, only joshing, his treatment
seems to be doing the trick, so that's good. Hopefully he'll be up and
running by the Summer. In the meantime, we'll still be issuing new albums,
but the The Bevis Frond live experience will have to be put on the
backburner for a while. So I'll be doing a few acoustic shows with Paul
Simmons of The Alchemysts. A small tour of The USA is being arranged, and
one London gig has already been confirmed. This is at THE 12 BAR CLUB on
FRIDAY, MARCH 23rd. Support will be provided by the superb Mick Crossley
and also our very talented mate from Sacramento, Anton Barbeau. The 12 Bar
is really small with a capacity of about 100, so book your tickets early
to avoid disappointment (that's my disappointment). Contact The 12 Bar
Club, Denmark Place, WC2 (it's just off Tottenham Court Road, near the
tube station). Tel; 0207 916 6989 for information and advance booking, all
credit cards accepted. There are also a couple of other gigs that should
be well worth attending. The wondrous Lucky Bishops are supporting The
Crazy World Of Arthur Brown at The Standard, Walthamstow on Thursday,
February 22nd. Sounds like a great night in prospect. Two weeks later at
the same venue (Thursday, March 8th), The Alchemysts will be supporting
Creamed, apparently England's only Cream tribute band, who feature
guitarist Ray Minhinnet and some ex-members of Savoy Brown. Both these
shows begin at 8pm, and are a mere £6 to get in to.

Our next two releases will be a fabulous new album from Mick Crossley's
Flyte Reaction, and a debut release from over-the-top blooze rock guitar
demons Scorched Earth. For those of you unfamiliar with Mick Crossley's
work, it's an absolutely irresistible combination of great melodic pop and
frenzied psych. Mick is an excellent singer and guitarist, and not a bad
keyboardist to boot. On 'Sensilla' he's joined by Dick Field on bass, and
Simon Das Gupta and Keith Chenery on drums. Scorched Earth's thunderous
'Fed To Your Head' is a one-off outing for this mysterious power trio.
Hugely influenced by late 60s heavy rock, and not a little Monster Magnet
type sturm und drang, you get an album of the loudest, rockingest, most
in-yer-face guitar stupidity you're ever likely to hear. Riffs, wah-wah,
feedback... you cower from it, it's got it! Also in the pipeline, the
long-awaited Tony Hill album is slowly coming to (as Glenn Hoddle once
said) frutation. There's a new Rod Goodway outing planned, a second Lucky
Bishops album - what I've heard of it so far is amazing, and almost ready,
a set from Canadian Blue Cheerophiles, Gadsby & Skol. Stunning stuff.
We'll be in touch as soon as any of these are imminent.

So, keep well, and hopefully we'll see you at one (or all) of the gigs.
All the best, Nick.

Woronzow website - www.woronzow.co.uk