HW: Song refs

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Tue Jan 30 13:59:34 EST 2001

Yah, as editor of Astounding/Analog, Campbell did a lot of that.
As well as, to paraphrase Asimov (in reference to himself),
"recognizing the latent talent in the writer of a hopeless first
story".

The thing is, since the Laws of Robotics thing was presumably a
private conversation, the fact that we know about it says one of
them spilled the beans.  To me, the important question is, which
one?  I doubt it was Campbell ("Isaac says he invented the
things, but they're *mine*!"); from what I've read of Campbell,
that wasn't his style.  So it must have been Asimov, giving
credit where it was due.

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
Interviewer: You've been looking at the stars all your life:
Is there anything in astrology?
Arthur C. Clarke: It's utter nonsense.  But I'm a Sagittarius,
so I'm naturally skeptical.