ADMIN: Open relay blocking

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Jan 30 16:05:47 EST 2001

Hi Folks...

Uh...some of us here have recently been blocked from posting to boc-l, and
we haven't been able to complain about it - the ultimate Catch-22.  But Doug
P. (one of us) mentioned that you could post via the web, so I'm trying it
out just now.  If it works, then you'll actually see this message.

I can still get all the boc-l traffic, just am continually blocked from
posting anything because spc.edu listserv is disallowing posts from those
ISP's that allow open third party relay, or some such thing I don't
understand.  Which is weird because Ohio State's newly adopted policy (about
the time I *lost* the ability to post) was to partially *block* third party
relay (a favorite technique of mass-spammers).  So I don't really have any
idea why I can no longer post, and why others seem to have become blocked at
the same time.  I know that the 'help' people here at OSU have been *no*
help, and the bounce message from spc.edu says "Don't bother complaining to
us...it's not our fault" essentially.

So, Ben, any ideas?

Grakkl (FAA), oddly silent here on boc-l for obvious reasons.

P.S.  Little comment here about the excellent Scott H.-Lemmy interview on
www.aural-innovations.com?