HW: MR. QUIMBY'S BEARD

Z E Itgeist stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Sun Jul 1 11:43:16 EDT 2001

*************************************

MR. QUIMBY'S BEARD / STRANGE TRIPS NEWS

We are pleased to announce that Mr Quimby's Beard in partnership with
Strange Trips  http://www.Strange-Trips.com  will be doing a US Tour
this fall (late October / early November) with Hawkwind's Harvey
Bainbridge and the amazing Solar Fire Lightshow.

A 2 Day Indoor Fest  will take place at The Beachland Ballroom
http://www.Beachlandballroom.com/  in Cleveland, Ohio late October or
early November. This event will replace the annual Strange Daze Festival
which was previously held as an outdoor camping event during the month
of August for the past 4 years. Many more acts will be announced soon!

Harvey Bainbridge toured the US last year with Strange Trips and enjoyed
himself so much that he's going back to do it once more. He promises
some surprises and we are certainly looking forward to the chance of
working with Harvey.

>>From Jim Lascko of Strange Trips:

"I recently caught a Mr. Quimby's Beard show when I was in England and
they are absolutely killer live! They have a full, beautiful, sound with
lots and lots of mushroom magic in it. Bridging the gap between space
travel and earth magic they occupy the space/time continuum that exists
between Hawkwind  http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~hwind/  and the
Ozric Tentacles   http://www.ozrics.com/   ....but with their own
original music and very unique style. They were extremely powerful and
had quite a nice variety in their set. The crowd was very enthusiastic
and seemed to love and respond to them very well. They are certainly one
of the freshest and strongest acts I have seen in a long, long, time!
Please don't miss this great opportunity to see them LIVE in the US".

There are plans in the works to beef up The Solar Fire Lightshow
http://www.solarfirelightshow.com/  for this new tour. They will be
adding new gels, more strobes, smoke, a new Opti Kinetics projector or
two and hopefully (keep your fingers crossed) some laser light action
will be forth coming in time for the tour. The Cleveland show will also
have video projections incorporated into the lightshow.

Watch for future updates on
http://www.btinternet.com/~freakyfungi/FreakyFungiNews.htm  or
http://www.Strange-Trips.com

Any promoters, venues, or bands interested in booking this full
production show into their city should contact Jim Lascko at (216)
252-6148  or email  him at:  jmfinity at Strange-Trips.com  for more info
and details.

Check out the recent Strange Recordings releases at
http://www.strange-trips.com/new.html . These are all good
strong recordings from board DAT or better, pumped up and made to flow
with nice artwork. I believe that most fans who hear them will be pretty
pleased with what they are - a documentation of some of the Strange
Trips shows with good live performances at a reasonable cost!