BOC: musical melting pot (was Re: BOC: Finding lyrics)

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Mon Jul 2 12:59:18 EDT 2001

> What I love about BOC's Mk. I lineup (shout out to all you DP fans who know
> this kinda fun group  labeling)) is that they so heavily represented a
> melting pot of the American rock and roll scene up to that time.

Blue Oyster Cult
Representing the thinking man's postmodern musical, anti-classification,
rock 'n' roll hegemony at a concert hall, public house, or racetrack near
you!

I'm sure there are bands who did more genre-shifting than BOC ever did. But
the boys were definitely one of the best at it.

It's only rock 'n' roll with excursions into pop, metal, jazz, blues, punk,
psych, prog, country, and show tunes...but I like it, like it, yes I do!
Brian

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower
MP3 Radio