HW: needle gun & headlong

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Jul 3 08:21:16 EDT 2001

Alice wrote:
> Listening to the Queen's song "Headlong" and hear a lot of similarities with
> the HW song Needle Gun. Long ago I wanted to ask is it only me who hear that
> Queen stole music from Hawkwind?

I think they're both just straight-ahead rock songs, so there's going to be
a similarity in the riffs. The "blanga blanga" thing. The melodies aren't
very similar to my ears though. I doubt there's any blatant rip-off.

Other than that, the only similarities I can hear are that they're both kind
of cheezy--and I like them. ;-)

Brian

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower