HW: Sam Fox CD

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jul 4 13:28:15 EDT 2001

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:03:49 +0100, Andy Gilham <email at ANDYGILHAM.COM> wrote:

>> I gather this is out now. Wasn't there some talk of there being video
>> from the Astoria on it?

Academy, not Astoria, presumably. But you knew that.

>According to www.samfox.com/diary.shtml, "The album features a second disc
>(CD Rom) which contains video footage, interviews and live footage of Sam
in
>concert with Lemmy & Hawkwind."  You can also order it from the Fox shop -
>signed if you want... there's one for the kollektors! :)

Yeah, that will be a real test for the obsessives. But how does it work..
she's onstage for what, 10 minutes of a 4 hour gig, she had no part in
writing the songs, but she's able to release this stuff on her CD.
Meanwhile the Hawks haven't been able to release a thing, and haven't even
been paid for performing as far as we are aware. (Is there any progress on
this? Still fancy the idea of a day off to come and support the Hawks in
court, if it comes to that). Yet I was under the impression that she just
turned up to do the band a favour.

Would it be correct to assume that Ms Fox has better legal representation
than the band? Is is her releasing video footage somehow preventing
Hawkwind releasing anything from the event?

Also, rather ironic that she's so keen to stress "LEMMY and Hawkwind" when
the Lemster has publicly said she shouldn't have come on to sing (see
interview at www.aural-innovations.com).