Mystery song

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 6 17:16:11 EDT 2001

Hi, folks.  I have a little mystery I'm hoping someone can solve. :-)  The
other day the power went out and messed up my stereo such that the radio came
on when I turned the stereo on.  Before I switched it, I became intrigued by
the song that was playing.  It sounded like fairly contemporary music, but it
was a more complex arrangement than I would expect from most current bands,
including a fun section with alternating measures in 5 and 7.  I jotted a
couple of lyric fragments down in hopes that someone would know the band
responsible: "any sense of compassion" and "find out the pieces fit."  Can
anybody help me solve this mystery?

Steven Tice
Calliope Comics
519 Valentine Hill Road