OFF: The Warp

Alastair Lee Sumner als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK
Sat Jul 7 20:05:26 EDT 2001

My story is similar to yours. I got the 3rd one when I was in my final year
at school in 1986 I think. I aquired the 1st and the 2nd books 1 or 2 years
later. I read and re-read them many many times but have never met anyone
who has even heard of them. I did some research on the net and found out
that it has become quite a cult thing. This doesn't surprise me at all,
they have dubbed it 'The play that changes lives'. For anyone that's
interested it's about one man's journey through the underground and
alternative culture of 50s, 60s and 70s Britain, starting in a Soho jazz
cafe and ending up in a commune in Scotland.It is very intense. The play
has been staged a few times in recent years and seems to have found a new
generation of fans in the 'Rave' scene. It seems to have gone a little
quiet now although I don't think that it's dead.

Alastair.